Sunday, September 28, 2014

Santa Monica, California

Santa Monica is a suburb of Los Angles that contains the Santa Monica Pier which is very well known. Also Santa Monica contains the Santa Monica beach along side the pier.

The summer of 2012 I visited the Santa Monica Pier. I remembered the ocean brought a bone-chilling breeze and I was the only one wearing a jacket (just to mention that it was in the middle of summer). Unfortunately we were too cold to swim there or even to stay on the beach, however we did do numerous fun things on the pier. On the pier are a couple of rides, only two of which caught my eye. The first one I went on was a roller coaster that seemed to be really scary but afterwards realizing it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

The other ride my sister and I rode on was the ferris wheel, which at the top over-looked the city. The view was breathtaking. Unfortunately at the time I didn't have a cell phone and my mom refused to give me the camera for the ride (needless to say I break things easily), so I wasn't able to take any pictures from the top.

Also on the pier are little benders where you can purchase snacks, ice cream, clothing, and much more. It's amazing to take a walk on this pier because you can see such diverse types of people from all over the world all coming to this one beautiful place. The items may be a little pricey so if you are planning to do a little shopping there, I would bring a little extra.

In addition to the greatness of the Santa Monica area, it also contains a wonderful beach. Since the beach is near the Los Angeles area, there are a large amount of people who go to this beach. California's weather is gorgeous all year-round so the beach is a very popular place to hang out.

If you ever find yourself in the Los Angeles area, I highly recommend going to the Santa Monica pier. It's a fun and inexpensive experience even if you don't go on the rides there; it's fun to see everyone else go on them.


No comments:

Post a Comment