Sunday, May 3, 2015

Malibu/Pepperdine University

Malibu is yet another small city near Los Angeles. Whether people just know the name because of the beach or because of the many references to it on television shows or on movies, people just know of it. Those people who have watched the 'What Makes You Beautiful' music video by One Direction has seen the Malibu beach because that's where it was taken place at.

Also Malibu is where Pepperdine University is located at. Pepperdine is a private and religious school that is in a way "hard to get accepted" according to my aunt. It will be about $47,000 to attend this college which is extremely expensive and the acceptance rate isn't too high. However it ranks number 2 most beautiful campus in the nation which is believable.

Pepperdine sits on a hill that overlooks the Malibu beach. The walk to the beach would literally take no time at all. Also the location of the school is great because it's extremely close to a beach and it's not a long drive to downtown Los Angeles so there will always be something to do.

My aunt and her daughter visited Pepperdine once upon a time and my aunt said it was absolutely beautiful. They said the dorms and the layout of the campus was the most beautiful of it all. However my cousin didn't have a big interest in going to a small university so she didn't apply.

To be honest, I'm on the same boat as her. I want to go to a college with tons of people and I want to go somewhere that has a variety of things to do. Coming from a small town with the same old people and nothing to do for years after years got tiring and is very boring, that's why I'm hoping college will be different, especially in California. I have a slight image of what I think college will be like and that image includes me living on campus in a school in California that's near a beach because beaches make me happy and I hope to someday learn how to surf.

No comments:

Post a Comment