Sunday, May 24, 2015

LAST BLOG OF JUNIOR YEAR

IT'S FINALLY DONE. Junior year has had its highs, as well as its lows. I guess one of the perks of this year is that I've realized that your grades heavily affect how hard you work. There has been many sleepless nights that were filled with studying and finishing homework, so many times I had to tell my friends no to hanging out because of too much homework. So many times I'd go a whole day with just eating a bowl of soup I stole from Cheddar's or just eating a bag of chips because it's easy to eat in classes when my stomach was hungry.

This year I realized school is more important than a social life. For me, I want to go to college in California so what's the point of trying to continue friendships when I'll most likely not see any of these people after high school. I've accepted the fact that people will come in and out of my life, which is way beyond my control so I just have to build a bridge and get over it. Plus there will be other people to come in my life that can offer great friendships.

Junior year was the first year I found myself actually trying in my classes. The transition of having so much free time sophomore year (which was consumed with Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill) to having no free time to even watch a 5-minute music video that's not taken place on the toilet while going to the bathroom or during a 10-minute study break that's implanted in my schedule so I have time to eat and do human bodily functions. I feel very confident with taking a college class next year to prepare myself even more for college so when the time comes I'm more than ready to take on all the obstacles in college.

Although this is my last blog for a grade, I hope to continue blogging when I find something interesting about this lovely state of California. I plan to blog either on my vacation this summer or after I get back, but as lame as this is going to sound, I enjoyed blogging about California and about how strangely happy it made me this year. However at points of the year I found it hard and tedious to blog, I still tried to do my best and I guess that's all that really matters.

1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed reading your blog about California! You've had a lot of important realizations this year and it's been a pleasure watching you grow as a writer! :)

    ReplyDelete