Sunday, March 29, 2015

If You're Reading This It's Too Late

As almost everyone knows, Drizzy Drake released a new album a couple weeks ago. His album contains 17 songs that you can get on iTunes for $12.99 and with all honesty, I think it's worth it. Obviously it's typical Drake, singing/ rapping about relationships and love in a way that gets to you. I think this album is a little laid back, similar to Take Care, however it also has a couple songs like Energy and Used To that makes you want to get up and dance.

As I was listening to this album, I realized that Drake actually has some deep quotes that are embedded in his music. There's a couple lines in multiple songs that makes you stop and think 'wow, that was deep'. A good quote from Company featuring Travi$ Scott is:
"I don't deserve it. 
She’s just a little too perfect 
She’s just a little too worth it 
I don’t deserve her at all, not not at all."
I mean alone it may not have an effect on a person (most likely a girl because us girls are emotional) however if a guy would tell a girl to listen to this song, it would have a different effect. I guess that same thing goes for this whole album, if you're a female that's having guy troubles this is the album for you. Drake's songs, in general, are about relationships so this album goes along with his older music. 

I'll confess, in middle school (specifically the eighth grade) I basically only listened to Drake. The album 'Take Care' was on one-repeat for at least three months. Being able to successfully sing/rap one of his songs gave me a huge ego-boost. As I was growing up, I wasn't ever a fast reader so when I first learned a rap of one of his songs made me feel so accomplished. It's like finishing a book, the feeling of accomplishment that you spent hours reading words from pages that collectively told a story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment